Content Marketing Series: #3. types of content marketing
Series: types of content marketing. Part 3
Having covered what content marketing is, and the history of it, now is a good time to look at ‘types’ of content marketing.
Depending on what document you believe (there are apparently 6, 11, 15, and 105 different types), or how many you have time to read, but let’s go for a nice uneven SEVEN.
The 7 BEST types of content marketing (according to us):
- Videos – a good video communicates your message in a good, clear way. These can be wide-ranging, from a simple in-studio shoot, to a large-scale video production depending on your budget.
- Blogs/Rants/Opinion Posts – whatever you want to call it. Depending on the message you’re wanting to get across, these can range from a well-researched piece of writing to an expressive stream of consciousness.
- Case studies – this is a piece of writing which explains a product or service that you offer as a company. For example, here’s one of Tandem’s.
- Podcasts – it’s a recorded session for helping spread your message further. It’s relatively easy to setup, and easy as if you already have a good microphone and some simple recording equipment.
- Interview – this is the perfect place to have a chat with an industry leader. This can be for video, podcast or for a written piece of work.
- Photos – capture those moments for your Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook pages. A photo often tells more of a story than an essay of words.
- eBooks/White paper/PDFs – these are free downloadable documents, often in exchange for joining a mailing list.
Although we suggest there are seven types of content marketing, don’t feel overwhelmed because the great thing is they can all stem from just one source – a video. It’s called repurposing and it’s about working smartly. You can read more about it here.
More to come in our content marketing series:
-3Ps - planning, production, publishing
-How to create great content on a regular basis: ‘I see content everywhere’
Click below for part 1 & 2 of the content marketing series: