Why Google Plus Should Be In Your Social Media Mix
Becoming a wizard takes time and patience– you’ll need to study, remain focused and practice, practice, practice! But don’t worry, with the help of this infographic, you can cheat a few step and become a “Social Wizard” so strong, even Albus Dumbledore would be impressed!
Why Google Plus?
Well, according to a recent study conducted by Forrester, having your business be present on the ‘sleeping giant’ is worth your time because that giant is waking up, and fast.
“Brands’ Google Plus posts generated nearly as much engagement per follower as their Facebook posts — and almost twice as much engagement per follower as their Twitter posts.”
To ensure your business receives the full potential it deserves, you may want to think about jumping aboard the bandwagon and perfecting your magic spell to create engagement. Before you know it, you’ll have more attraction faster than you can Abracadabra!
Camille McClane is a writer, researcher and tech enthusiast based in Southern California. She has recently enjoyed studying social media and its relationship with marketing, and is honoured to be among the blog contributors here at Tandem Studios.
The Raw Data:
Google Plus is one of the most amazing resources on the web—but also the most under-utilized. Follow this guide to learn how to navigate the magical world of Google Plus – and eventually become a Google Plus Wizard.
There are currently 300,000,00 active users. The growth rate per year has risen 39%
■ 63% men
■ 37% women
Average time spent on Plus: 6.9 minutes / month
○ Plus might seem like an underdog now, but it’s ready for the taking.
■ It’s full of early adopters and industry influencers, like…
- 48% of Fortune Global 100 companies
- 40% of Marketers
- (This should be a circle with an animated logo of the company, with a wizard hat on) Wizard: Home Depot has over 440,000 followers on Plus, sharing daily on Plus and getting an average of 50 +1’s per post.
Google is using Plus to incorporate social into their search results ranking algorithm. This means…
○ Social Signals (+1/Reshares)
It’s all about authority!
○ Who you know, and who knows you, can determine where you show up on Google Search and Google Plus.
○ Get yourself into the influence loop
■ (this should be a circle) People follow you —> you rank higher —> they share your content —> more people follow you —> you rank higher —>
Remember how we said it’s all about visibility?
○ You can’t ignore the small details!
■ Account Name
- Google sends invites to people for vanity URLs based on account names.
- Your hovercard will display on almost ALL aspects of Plus.
- It will allow people to follow you instantly.
- It’s your first impression—make it good!
Authorship and Sharing Content
○ Authorship allows you (and your business) to not only establish authority on Google Plus, but across the entire web.
■ When you have greater authority, your posts and profile will rank higher in search engine results!
○ When it comes to sharing content, CONSISTENCY is key! Share content, images, videos, and infographics on a daily basis, and watch your popularity grow!
○ To start with, shared content should be…
■ 80% entertaining content
■ 20% promotional or industry-specific.
- As your following grows, you can begin to share…
○ 50% entertaining
○ 50% promotional
■ When posting, be sure to use:
The more your share, the more authority you’ll build!
Sources shown above in infographic*